Weed Ecology Lab

Potential Graduate Students

If you're interested in joining my lab for your graduate program, please start by sending me an email that briefly describes your research interests, why you want an advanced degree, and information on your previous research and relevant work experience. Students in my lab conduct research that is encompassed by my interests but they are expected to develop their own projects within this context and are not restricted as long as they choose a project for which I can provide advice and assistance.

If you are serious about joining my lab, you should apply to the appropriate graduate program at UCR. The Botany and Plant Sciences Department offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Plant Biology. In addition, several interdisciplinary graduate programs or graduate research units are also available to you at UCR (Evolution and Ecology; Environmental Sciences; and Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics). Specific questions about applying should be directed to one of these programs. If you do intend to apply, please let me know so that I can look out for your application.

Possible sources of funding and support for graduate students include university fellowships, teaching assistantships, and research grants. A major portion of each graduate student's program is typically funded by grants from the major professor; therefore it is imperative that you contact me or other faculty of interest right away to discuss your goals and potential projects.

I look forward to hearing from you!