Welcome to the Yin group
We are interested in the synthesis and functionalization of nanostructured materials - a class of new materials with at least one dimension at the nanometer scale. These materials are sometimes referred to as 'artificial atoms' because their physical properties can be widely and easily tuned by controlling their composition, size, shape, crystal structure, surface property, and configuration of assembly. Our research is focused on understanding the formation and properties of nanostructures, designing nanostructure-based functional materials, and fabricating novel catalytic, electronic, and photonic devices. Specifically, our research topics include:
- Synthesis and surface functionalization of colloidal inorganic nanostructures
- Self-assembly of nanostructures
- Smart (responsive) materials
- Functional composite nanomaterials
- Nanostructured materials for catalysis and environmental remediation
- Nanostructured electronic, photonic, and energy devices
- Nanostructured materials for biomedical applications
- Colloidal and interface chemistry
- Nanoscale fabrication using unconventional methods
Wenjing Xu received the 2017 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad.
"2017 Highly Cited Researcher" is presented to Professor Yadong Yin in recognition of ranking among the top 1% researchers for most cited documents, in their specific field.
Professor Yadong Yin was chosen as one of the recipients of the NML Researcher Award 2016 by the journal of Nano-Micro Letters in partnership with the Nature Research Society.More news...