Welcome to the Yin group
We are interested in the synthesis and functionalization of nanostructured materials - a class of new materials with at least one dimension at the nanometer scale. These materials are sometimes referred to as 'artificial atoms' because their physical properties can be widely and easily tuned by controlling their composition, size, shape, crystal structure, surface property, and configuration of assembly. Our research is focused on understanding the formation and properties of nanostructures, designing nanostructure-based functional materials, and fabricating novel catalytic, electronic, and photonic devices. Specifically, our research topics include:
- Synthesis and surface functionalization of colloidal inorganic nanostructures
- Self-assembly of nanostructures
- Smart (responsive) materials
- Functional composite nanomaterials
- Nanostructured materials for catalysis and environmental remediation
- Nanostructured electronic, photonic, and energy devices
- Nanostructured materials for biomedical applications
- Colloidal and interface chemistry
- Nanoscale fabrication using unconventional methods
Prof. Yadong Yin has been elected to the class of 2020 MRS Fellows.
Zhiwei Li received the 2019 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad.