Welcome to the Yin group
We are interested in the synthesis and functionalization of nanostructured materials - a class of new materials with at least one dimension at the nanometer scale. These materials are sometimes referred to as 'artificial atoms' because their physical properties can be widely and easily tuned by controlling their composition, size, shape, crystal structure, surface property, and configuration of assembly. Our research is focused on understanding the formation and properties of nanostructures, designing nanostructure-based functional materials, and fabricating novel catalytic, electronic, and photonic devices. Specifically, our research topics include:
- Synthesis and surface functionalization of colloidal inorganic nanostructures
- Self-assembly of nanostructures
- Smart (responsive) materials
- Functional composite nanomaterials
- Nanostructured materials for catalysis and environmental remediation
- Nanostructured electronic, photonic, and energy devices
- Nanostructured materials for biomedical applications
- Colloidal and interface chemistry
- Nanoscale fabrication using unconventional methods
Mingsheng Wang has been awarded the "2015 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed (non-government sponsored) Students Abroad" from the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
Yiding Liu won Graduate Student Silver Award in the 2015 Materials Research Society spring meeting in San Francisco.
Professor Yadong Yin appears on Reuters list of The World's Most Influential Minds of 2014. Researchers earned the distinction by writing the greatest numbers of Highly Cited Papers - ranking among the top 1% most cited in their subject field.More news...